Thursday, November 27, 2008

India

For every Indian, who stays away from his/her country, the mere mention of the word 'INDIA' is enough to evoke millions of memories and plenty of nostalgic moments.
I am no exception to that. People tell me, "You have left your country to serve some other nation (read USA). What good are you?"
What do I say? How do I tell them just how much I miss India, with every breath I take?!
I miss the lush green roads of my country, I miss the picturesque scenes that unravel themselves while one is traveling in any part of the country.
I miss the villages, the cities, the people, the food... but most of all I miss the warmth and the feeling of belongingness.
When a child is born, he/she is attached to the mother by the umbilical cord. The day I left my motherland, the cord was severed. I am here because I want to make something out of myself. Someday, just someday, I will be able to go back and repay my country all that it has given me.
If only India were a person I would touch it's feet as a mark of respect and be glad that I was born out of her.
I respect all nationalities and consider the world to be a global village, but if ever I get a chance to be born as a human again, I would love to be a part of India's womb only and none other...

No comments: